Waterproof Lab are commercial waterproofing specialists and approved agents, distributors and installers of Carlisle EPDM products in the Western Cape.
EPDM is an exceptionally strong and resilient roofing system that can last 30 years or longer when installed and maintained correctly. It can be used as an overlay for existing roofs, or to waterproof new builds or new flat roofs.
Benefits of Carlisle EPDM
- Material widths: 3m, 6m and 9m wide rolls – minimal seams on large areas;
- Material lengths: 15m & 30m long rolls – minimal seams on applications of long lengths;
- Speed of application – labour cost saving;
- Light weight – 1.3kg/sq.m – often important when applying to lightweight or under-designed structures;
- Elongation of > 400% ─ able to accommodate excessive movement of substrate;
- Fully adhere or loose lay, depending on circumstances – greater flexibility of usage and cost;
- Does not require protection – UV and abrasion resistant – initial and on-cost savings; also adds to insulation (r) rating;
- May be painted, screeded over, or tiled if required – versatility of finish;
- Easily, quickly & effectively repaired if accidentally damaged, at any time – time and cost saving;
- No fire, heat or noxious gas emissions during application – safe to applicator, substrate and surrounds;
- Fire-resistant – built-in environmental safety;
- EPDM is a “green” material with no toxic or harmful additives – safe for use in water-retaining structures containing potable water for human consumption or wildlife, such as fish, etc.;
- In addition to all these benefits and gains, let us not minimise the cost angle – this product is comparable with any similar, locally available material in the country!
- Carlisle Syntec EPDM Rubber Waterproofing Membrane is backed by a 20-year product warranty and has been fully tested and successfully used for well in excess of 50 years, all over the world;
- It is also supported by Factory & Mutual (FM Global Property Loss Prevention), the world’s foremost authority in this category.
Keeping these benefits in mind, there can be little doubt that the Carlisle Syntec/ Waterproof Lab system is the system of choice, for every discerning architect, engineer, contractor, manufacturer and storage facility owner, where the integrity and longevity of the water tightness of their buildings/box gutters/basement/balcony/water containment facility, is of paramount importance.
Send us a mail or call us in 083 573 8866 if you have any queries or if you would like to arrange a free personal consultation.